Thursday, February 19, 2009

Happy To Be Me

I am a very lucky person. In my spare time I am a cross stitcher. I belong to a number of different forums and groups. As with rose growing there are all walks of life out there that share my passion. I was reading a post this morning by a woman who is very unhappy and stressed about life. She hates her job, hates her co-workers and counts the hours to the end of the work day. By the time she gets home she has no energy left for herself, her family or her craft. It would be easy to say, well quit your job! Find something new! However, in this economy that is just not likely now is it? So she suffers. Her husband suffers, and her children suffer. It makes me want to cry.

And here I sit. Blogging on company time, listening to Lyle Lovett on my cd player next to my desk. I have a cat in the in-box on my desk and the sun is out. I have a wonderful boss who is also one of my very best friends.

Last Saturday was one of the best days of the year so far. My friends came from near and far to give us a hand. As you know from reading Paul's blog on the subject they worked hard! Saturday is a normal work day for me so while I was answering phones and doing the emails and paperwork they were all out digging, planting and pruning. They did this all out of the goodness of their hearts, and for us. Paul and I saw this daunting task and wondered if we were going to be able to do it. They came in and finished in record time. What would have taken us days took them hours. Plus they brought food! What a life I lead, almost as good as the cats. No one offered to scratch my belly but I'll get over that.

Now you all just sit back and be jealous. I truly have one of the best jobs in the world and certainly the best of friends. I am so happy to be me.

No comments:

Post a Comment